Q I am certainly captivated by dressing on Janet’s lobster salad at JB’s on the Beach. I would be ever so grateful to discover the recipe for this delicious sauce. — Ava Basri, Boca Raton Janet’s lobster, and shrimp salad have been served because the eating place opened in 2002. This menu mainstay combines Maine lobster and shrimp salad over greens with hearts of palm, tomatoes, mango salsa, scallions, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, and mango dressing. It has constantly been their No. 1 promoting salad. CJ Nickson, the fashionable supervisor, explains why: “It’s a huge portion, and the steamed, chilled lobster and shrimp is delicious and refreshing. Everyone loves it.
Nickoson commenced working for his uncle and then-proprietor Jack “JB” Boyle as the assistant widespread supervisor the 12 months JB’s launched. The salad, named after Boyle’s spouse, Janet, who died in 2013, was created for lobster’s love. In May, Jack’s son John Boyle bought the business to Ark Restaurants after his father’s demise in 2018. Ark owns and operates 20 restaurants and bars, 21 fast-food standards, and catering operations throughout the USA.
It’s been a very positive flow,” Nickoson stated. “The Ark organization are genuine restaurateurs who recognize the enterprise and methodology. They gather high-performing restaurants in top places and enhance the models. They were extraordinarily supportive while preserving respect for the present commercial enterprise.” As outdoor temperatures leap, chilled salads make the right meal. Summer enjoyable is a breeze with this do-in advance predominant course that can be prepared the day earlier than and plated just earlier than serving visitors. Coupled with a recipe that puts our seasonal mango harvest to incredible use, Janet’s lobster and shrimp salad is truly a winner.
Janet’s lobster and shrimp salad
Adapted from JB’s at the Beach.
- 6 cups combined subject vegetables
- ¼ cup diced roasted crimson pepper
- ¼ cup sliced hearts of palm
- ¼ cup Mango dressing or extra to taste (see recipe)
- 1 ¼ pound Maine lobster, steamed and cut up in half
Shrimp salad (see recipe)
- ½ cup diced Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup Mango salsa (see recipe)
Lemon wedges, for serving
1. Using a huge blending bowl, integrate vegetables, roasted peppers, hearts of palm, and Mango dressing, toss well. Divide between two chilled salad plates, mounding veggies closer to the center of the plate.
2. Top every salad with half of a lobster. Top each lobster with half the Shrimp salad.
3. Sprinkle each salad with half of the tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, and Mango salsa over the greens. Garnish with lemon wedges.
It makes two generous portions
Nutrition records in step with serving: 535 calories, 37% calories from fats, 22g fat, 4g saturated fats, 419mg cholesterol, 32g carbohydrates, 20g total sugar, 5g delivered sugar, 52g protein, 2355mg sodium, 7g fiber
JB’s mango dressing
- 6 oz diced mango
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-ounce clean lime juice
- 2 teaspoons diced jalapeno
- ¼ cup mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Salt and black pepper to flavor
Place components in a blender or meal processor, season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend till smooth, switch to a hermetic box, and refrigerate until needed.
It makes about 2 ¼ cups
Nutrition facts in step with 2 tablespoons: one zero one energy, eighty-two % calories from fats, 9g fats, 1g saturated fats, 5mg LDL cholesterol, 5g carbohydrates, 4g general sugar, 3g added sugar, 0g protein, 78mg sodium, 0g fiber.